My extraordinary yoga teachers, Mona Keddy and Barrie Risman, from Shri Yoga, gathered several of us yogis for a retreat at Centre Tara, in Bonsecours, Quebec. There was nothing but space in Bonsecours, and I travelled there to learn how to make even more space.
With internal space you can learn to get along with yourself and others better. You’ve all heard that meditation yields wonders. I have been to the middle of nowhere and brought my thoughts down to nothingness, all with the utmost intention. Perhaps you had to be there?
While we were working our minds and bodies towards a more desirable state, Anne was in the kitchen preparing the most delicious, nutritious and colourful meals. All that newly created space needed filling.
Bow-Tie Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
- 1 package bow-tie pasta (farfalle), cooked al dente, well-drained
- 1 small broccoli, tough stems removed, half-cooked, so it is a bit crunchy and bright green
- 2/3 c red onion, chopped
- 3 c coloured bell pepper, red, orange, yellow or green, chopped
- 2/3 c parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2/3 c fennel, sliced bite size, include fennel tops
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 sun-dried tomato halves, with 5 more on the side, chopped, as garnish
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 t sea salt
Process garlic, sun-dried tomato, vinegar, olive oil and sea salt in a blender. Place the sun-dried tomato dressing in a large bowl. Add the hot pasta and the broccoli. Mix well. Add the onion, bell pepper, parsley, scallions, and fennel. Mix well. Garnish with extra, chopped sun-dried tomato. Serve warm or cold. Serves 8.
- This is the first of several recipes from our retreat weekend. I’ve become the designated recipe gatherer and sharer through Jittery Cook and recipe 2 recipe. Don’t hesitate if you have a recipe to funnel through the www. Sharing is caring.
- Orzo with Fennel & Tomato Ragout (hiphostessblog.com)
- Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Relish (scarpettadolcetto.wordpress.com)
- Three Tomato Pasta (foodmywayblog.wordpress.com)
- What Can You Do With Grilled Veggies? (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Scrambled Tofu with Mushrooms, Asparagus, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes (cooktolove.com)