chia dessert, chia passion fruit dessert, chia pudding, coconut chia dessert, coconut mango dessert, coconut passion fruit dessert, healthy dessert, passion fruit, passion fruit mango dessert, tasty dessert, vegan dessert
I was still sleeping when I realized that Kegel exercises need to be renamed. If we’re to take the exercises seriously and make practice a priority, then let’s give them a memorable name. How about P hugs? That kind of imagery should keep you focused.
Why is this epiphany coming to you in a food blog? It illustrates the importance of a catchy name. Catchy is memorable. And everything that passes through my head—no matter how peculiar—wends it way onto JC.
Here’s to freedom of speech and spreading catchy ideas and good recipes like this Chia Coconut Delight.
Chia Coconut Delight
- 1 can coconut milk (Stir well if the cream is all on top.)
- 4 T dark chia seeds (for colour contrast)
- 2 ripe passion fruit, cut in half and seeds scooped out
- 1 mango, half finely chopped, half thinly sliced
- 2 T coconut nectar, or your favourite sweetener, divided
- 12 strawberries, thinly sliced with the green stem and half finely chopped
- 1 T good quality chocolate chips
In a medium sized bowl combine the coconut milk, chia seeds and half the coconut nectar. Divide the chia coconut mixture into 4 small clear glass jars. Refrigerate covered for a few hours or until firm. In a small pan, heat the passion fruit, the chopped mango and the chopped strawberry with the remaining coconut nectar over medium heat, for about a minute. Top each jar with the cooked fruit, spilling a little of the fruit into each plate. Garnish the plates with sliced strawberries including the green stems, mango slices and a few chocolate chips. Serve with a small spoon. Serves 4.
- How would you like to win a jar of Cocovie’s Coconut Nectar or Coconut Jam? Get a friend to subscribe to Jittery Cook and you’ll both be eligible. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with both email addresses. It’s a sweet deal!
- Watch Alain Coumont, founder of Le Pain Quotidienne, talking about his cookbook, and see if you can guess what inspired Chia Coconut Delight. Thank you, Physio Dr. Shelley Alper, for introducing me to LPQ.
- So, are you remembering to do some P hugging?
- Recipe: Tropical Chia Pudding (greatist.com)
- Dark Chocolate and Orange Chia Almond Mix (thepescetarianandthepig.com)
- Chocolate Chia Pudding. A Healthy Delight! (happylittlesurprises.com)
- Chocolate Chia Beach Balls! (amberleak.wordpress.com)
- meatless monday: ch-ch-ch-CHIA! (saralittleyoga.wordpress.com)
- Weekend Breakfast (georgiegirltalks.ca)
- Chia Porridge (thekonsciouskitchen.com)