cold radish leaf soup, open faced radish sandwich, radish goat cheese tartine, radish greens soup, radish leaf recipe, radish leaf soup, radish tartine, summer radish leaf soup, white radish leaf recipe, white radish recipe
Yes, I’ve tried zumba. and no, I didn’t make a complete fool of myself. Know what else I tried? White Radish Greens Soup with Tartine for breakfast just before my 9 a.m. zumba class. The soup was cold and refreshing, and the White Radish Tartine was heavenly and almost made me late for class. (I was deliberating over seconds.) My taste-tester son Andrew devoured 2 White Radish Tartines for his breakfast and gave 2 thumbs up.
White Radish Greens Soup
- leaves from 3 white radishes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 large (1 lb) potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 c stock or water
- 2/3 c milk
- 1 t Herbamare and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 t sea salt
In a large pot over medium-high, heat oil and sauté onion for 3 minutes. Add scallion and radish greens, salt and pepper and sauté another minute, until wilted. Add the water and potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, until softened. Purée and add milk.
Serve hot or cold for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack—perfect for a picnic—and serve with White Radish Tartine. It’s like a trip to Paris without the airfare.
White Radish Tartine
- 3 white radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Herbamare and freshly ground black pepper
- grilled bread
- goat cheese
In a small bowl, combine radish, oil, lemon, scallion, salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to marinate.
Coat grilled bread with goat cheese. Top with marinated radish. Serve with soup.
- CSA Box Week 2: This harvest to table recipe was inspired by La Terre Bleue’s lovely white radish, topped by astonishingly abundant, fresh, green leaves and these 2 recipes: Grandmother’s Radish Leaf Soup and Bavarian Style White Radish Salad.
- Dying to know how to make quick pickled radish or radish raita?
- Have you seen the revised list of Jittery Recipes and their ratings?