Asian dip, Asian dressing, low fat dressing, low-fat dip, noodle recipe, peanut butter dip, peanut butter dressing, Shirataki noodle recipe, spicy dip, spicy dressing, spicy peanut butter dip, spicy peanut butter salad dressing, spicy salad dressing
I confess. It’s rare that I can chat with anyone for more than 2 minutes without slipping her a JC business card. Friends and family roll their eyes, smirk and giggle but like a well dressed noodle wending its way from plate to palate, I’m unrestrainable.
And now for that well dressed noodle. I dare you to try just one forkful without becoming fondly attached.
Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing
- 3 heaping T peanut butter at room temperature
- 1 each garlic clove, seeded chile, minced
- 2 T each water, seasoned rice vinegar, chopped cilantro
- 1 T each soy sauce, coconut sugar
- 1/4 c diced tomato
- 2 t each grated ginger, lemon juice
- zest of a lemon
Purée all ingredients until smooth, then refrigerate. Makes about 1 cup of dressing. Serves 4-6.
Herb Noodle Salad
- 1/3 c each finely chopped parsley, mint, basil, chives, cilantro, scallions
- 3 small cucumbers, diced
- 4 small carrots, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely minced
- 1 lb Shirataki yam noodles, rinsed, well strained, roughly chopped
- 1 t sesame oil
In a large bowl, toss all ingredients and add Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing liberally, mixing and tasting to get the right amount. Serve in lettuce leaves or bowls with extra dressing on the side. Serves 4-6.
- Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing is adapted from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites.
- Thanks to my chef sister, Julia Richardson, for her assistance in creating the Herb Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing.
- Here are 30 of the most creative business cards ever.
- Spicy Peanut Butter Dressing is delicious with: dumplings, green salad, stir fry, spring rolls, raw veggies and Herb Noodle Salad with cooked shrimp, scallops or chicken