breadcrumbs on fish, brown butter fish, brown butter sauce, easy dinner menu, easy fish recipe, haddock recipe, herbed breadcrumbs, lemon brown butter sauce, roasted potatoes, tasty fish recipe, turbot recipe
Are you cutting down on your salt intake? Have you ever tried Herbamare? It’s a brilliant blend of celery, leek, watercress, onions, chives, parsley, lovage, garlic, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and kelp, all grown organically, and has been a staple in Europe and my family for decades.
White Fish with Lemon Brown Butter and Roasted Potatoes
- 2 T flour
- 2 T chopped dill (optional)
- Herbamare sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs fish fillets, cut in half; turbot, haddock, cod
- 1 T olive oil
Preheat oven to 200F.
Mix flour, dill, Herbamare and pepper on a plate or in a bag. Dip fillets into mixture.
Heat a large pan on medium-high heat and add oil. Add fish and sauté a few fillets at a time for a minute per side, then place in the oven to keep warm. Continue with the remainder of the fish, keeping it warm on a platter in the oven until needed. Do not clean pan.
Herbed Bread crumbs
- 1 c fresh bread crumbs, baked at 350F for five minutes or until golden
- 1/2 t each dried oregano, tarragon
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1 T unsalted butter or olive oil
Add all ingredients to the pan used to cook the fish and toss for a minute or two until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish to keep warm while making the Lemon Brown Butter.
Lemon Brown Butter
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 1 T capers
- 2 t lemon juice
- Herbamare sea salt
Heat pan to medium high and add butter. Stir for about 2 minutes until the butter turns brown, then add capers and lemon juice.
Spoon lemon brown butter over fish, sprinkle with bread crumbs and serve. Serves 4.
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t each paprika, sumac, Herbamare sea salt
Preheat oven to 400F. Mix all ingredients. Roast potatoes for 45 minutes until done. Serve with this ketchup.
- Inspiration for the fish recipe is from Lucy Waverman’s haddock recipe.
- Thanks to Susie Martin for recommending this version of Roasted Potato.
- To make these irresistible breadcrumbs, I used the heel of a Portuguese bread—a stale one, of course.
- June is Herbamare promotion month—If you haven’t already guessed. Get a jumbo-sized container at Costco and check out the recipe ideas @AVogel_ca and “How do you #Herbamare?”