basil salad dressing, basil vinaigrette, brunch salad, delicious salad dressing, delicious vinaigrette, easy salad recipe, lunch salad, Mashu Mashu, Mashu Mashu salad, salad dressing, salad for a party, salad for company, sweet salad dressing
I don’t get to Toronto as often as I’d like. It’s a great city in spite of what you hear about their infamous Mayor Rob Ford. Mashu Mashu Salad is a specialty at the Mashu Mashu Mediterranean Grill in Toronto’s Forest Hill Village. Apparently patrons are suffering an addiction to the Mashu Mashu Salad dressing. Don’t tell Mayor Ford!
Mashu Mashu Salad
- 8 mini sweet peppers, lightly brushed with olive oil, roasted whole for 20 minutes in a 400F oven
- 8 oz mixed leafy greens
- 12-20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 T toasted pine nuts
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 T each hemp and chia seeds
In a large bowl, add tomatoes to greens and toss with a little dressing. Form goat cheese into small balls and roll them in the hemp and chia seeds. Garnish salads with goat cheese, peppers and pine nuts. Serves 2-4.
- 1 c tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 t each kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T honey
Blend dressing ingredients in a processor until smooth. Serves 4-6.
- Many thanks to Lorry Levy and Linda Lester who, in the wonderful spirit of sharing, formed a chain to get this wonderful Mashu Mashu Salad recipe into the Jittery Cook repertoire. I’ve stopped making blatant pleas for everyone’s favourite recipes, but I still crave your recommendations.
- Do you have 5 salad dressings that you know by heart?
- There are 284 Jittery Cook posts to date. The big 300 is fast approaching. Anyone have a good celebratory suggestion?