BBQ chicken soup, chicken noodle soup meal, chicken soup from BBQ chicken, chicken soup recipe, cooked chicken soup, easy chicken soup, restaurant style chicken noodle soup, rotisserie chicken soup, tasty chicken noodle soup, tasty chicken soup
My step-daughter, Erin Simms, is about to associate produce her first Hollywood movie, “A Walk in the Woods” written by Bill Bryson. Starring Erin’s boss, Robert Redford, along with Nick Nolte and featuring the magnificent Appalachian Trail, this buddy comedy will have you lacing your hiking boots and grabbing your knapsacks faster than you can say Easy Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup.
If you aren’t fond of handling raw chicken, yet love a delicious homemade chicken soup, stop by your favourite BBQ chicken vendor and then grab your chopping knife.
Easy Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cooked BBQ chicken, meat cut from the bones, chopped bite-sized, refrigerated
- 8 c water
- 2 each onions, carrots, celery stalks, chopped
- 1 T chopped fresh thyme, summer savory or sage
- 1 c tiny noodles
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c chopped dill as garnish
Cover the bones with water in a large pot. Toss in any extra frozen chicken bones you have in your freezer. Bring to a boil then simmer for an hour. Discard the bones and add the onion, carrot, celery, thyme, and a little salt and pepper to the stock. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes, then add the noodles. Cook 5 minutes then add chicken and simmer for 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill. Serves 6.
- Chef Michael Smith is the genius behind this Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup.
- Take a look at these photos of the Appalachian Trails to put you in the mood for nature.
- Looking for exercises that will prepare you for hiking?