chickpea recipe, faux Caesar recipe, healthy Caesar recipe, healthy chickpea snack, kale recipe, kale salad, kale salad for company, kale vegan Caesar salad, roasted chickpea recipe, roasted chickpea snackfood, salad, salad recipe, vegan Caesar salad dressing
Lies as truth and truth as lies…
I remember being obsessed with the movie “Wag the Dog.” It looked so easy to concoct and distort reality, to manipulate the masses into believing fabrications.
Then there are people who are so suspicious and skeptical that they can’t believe what is undeniably true.
Just remember that not everything “faux” is phony. The faux Caesar dressing in this Kale Faux Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpeas is an excellent vegan concoction that will please everyone. Now that’s an undeniable truth.
Kale Faux Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
Kale Faux Caesar Salad
- 2 bunches of kale, stemmed, leaves chopped or torn
- 2 c roasted chickpeas (recipe below)
- 1/2 c hemp seeds
- 1/3 c capers, drained
Faux Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 3 T each olive oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic
- 3/4 t sea salt
- 1/4 t curry powder
- 6 T water
- freshly ground black pepper
Combine dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Toss kale with dressing hemp seeds and capers and garnish each portion with chickpeas. Serves 8-10. Can be prepared a day before serving.
- 1 lb dried chickpeas, soaked in a bowl full of water overnight, then drained
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 380F.
Mix ingredients with chickpeas, then spread them on a baking pan and roast, shaking every 5-10 minutes, for 30-40 minutes, until browned and crunchy, but not burnt. Toss the chickpeas with salt.
- Inspiration for Kale Faux Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpeas comes from Laura Robin’s vegan caesar salad recipe and Alton Brown roasted chickpea recipe.
- Have you read The Terrible Tragedy of the Healthy Eater?
- Do you know how to peel an entire head of garlic in under 10 seconds?