Bloody Mary Soup, celery root lentil soup, healthy recipe, healthy soup, Lentil soup, lentil tomato soup, pureed lentil soup, soup recipe, vegan lentil soup, vegan soup, vegetarian lentil soup, vegetarian soup, Virgin Mary Soup
Only one more week of winter! Let’s get the party started! This is all the appetizer you will need to put everyone in a good mood. Kids at the table? No problem, just serve them Virgin Mary Lentil Soup. Tastes fantastic either way.
Bloody Mary Lentil Soup
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 celery root, peeled and chopped
- 1 c red lentils
- 6 c tomato juice, plus a cup of water
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 t sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 t vodka per adult portion
- celery sticks and lemon wedges as garnish
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Toss in the onions and garlic and sauté for several minutes, until softened. Add the lentils, celery root, tomato juice, thyme and seasoning. Bring to a simmer then continue cooking for 20-25 minutes, until lentils and celery root are softened. Remove the thyme sprigs. Blend to a smooth consistency adding a little water to get a thick purée. Serve hot and add vodka to adults portions before serving. Garnish with celery sticks and lemon wedges. Serves 8.
- Check out the Canadian Lentil Recipe Contest. If you are a Jittery Cook fan and you want to help me win this contest, please click on this link to the Canadian Lentil FB page and ‘Like‘ the Bloody Mary Lentil Soup recipe and comment, comment, comment. There’s a huge prize at stake and winning it would go a long way towards convincing my husband that all this Jittery blogging isn’t a waste of time. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
- Already “Liked?” Now you must read these 8 things the world’s most successful people all have in common.
- And now you must read these 10 things you should do every day to improve your life. How many are you already doing?