creamy pasta recipe, creamy pasta sauce, easy pasta dinner, easy pasta recipe, fresh pasta sauce, garlic walnut pasta sauce, no-cooking pasta sauce, tasty pasta recipe, walnut and garlic pasta, walnut and garlic pasta recipe, walnut pasta recipe
The weather last Sunday was spectacular—sunshine, mild temperature and a fresh snowfall that begged to be disturbed. It’s undeniable. Winter has its moments of beauty. Too bad it’s just moments and not large stretches of time.
Since it’s still rather chilly out, you may feel the need for some comfort food that sticks to your ribs and leaves you with a wonderful taste in your mouth. This Pasta with Garlic Walnut Sauce was adapted from Matt Kramer‘s “A Passion for Piedmont.” You’ll enjoy the contrast of the creamy sauce, the sharpness of the garlic and the sweetness of the fresh vegetable garnish.
Pasta with Garlic Walnut Sauce
- 1 lb pasta, cooked al dente in salted water
- 1 T unsalted butter
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- finely diced coloured sweet pepper and tomato as garnish
Garlic Walnut Sauce
- 3 ounces walnuts, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/4 c olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 c homemade breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
Combine the breadcrumbs and the milk. Process or blend all sauce ingredients for 1-2 minutes.
Transfer well drained pasta to a warmed bowl, reserving some pasta water. Thin the sauce with a little pasta water. Add the butter and sauce to the pasta. Garnish with cheese, sweet pepper and tomato. Serves 6.
- Do you know 38 essential Montreal restaurants?
- Do you know how to avoid common calorie blunders?
- Have you seen the best diet list?
- Do you know why your iPhone battery loses power so fast?
- Do you know how hard it is to brush your teeth after eating Pasta with Garlic Walnut Sauce? You’ll just want the wonderful flavour to linger.
- Recipe of the Day-Pasta with Walnuts and Olive Oil (dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Pasta Fun Facts (ilovepasta.org)