Argentinian Spice Mix, bread dipping sauce, Chimichurri, Chimichurri from scratch, condiment recipe, Douceurs Du Marché, easy fish dinner, fish recipe for company, Fromagerie Atwater, La Poissonnerie Du Marché Atwater, Sublime Flavor, Sublime Flavor Argentinian Spice Mix, wild cod recipe, wild cod with chimichurri
It took just a few minutes to select the wild cod at La Poissonnerie Du Marché Atwater, no time at all to whisk it into the oven and seconds to make the Chimichurri in a Hurry. That’s what I call a main dish with slow-cooked taste and fast food timing.
Wild Cod with Chimichurri
- 2-3 lbs wild cod fish
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- Herbamare or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 T Argentinian Spice Mix (from “Sublime Flavors“: Available at Fromagerie Atwater)
- 3 T olive oil (Sublime Flavor: Coratina, available at Douceurs Du Marché)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (Sublime Flavor: Vetus Green Label, available at Douceurs Du Marché)
Preheat oven to 420F. Coat the fish in a little olive oil and sprinkle on garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast the fish on a medium-sized baking pan for 18 minutes. It will flake and turn opaque when done.
Slice the fish into 6-8 portions. Spoon the Chimichurri sauce over each portion after plating. Whip up another batch of Chimichurri sauce if you need more. It also makes a spectacular bread dipping sauce.
Served here with green beans and quinoa dressed with caramelized onion, mushrooms, zucchini and very finely chopped kale. Quinoa can be cooked in advance and re-heated in the oven, first without, then with a cover for a nice crunchy texture.
- Have lots of time on your hands and want to make Chimichurri from scratch?
- Wondering what’s in the Sublime Flavor Argentinian Spice Mix? coriander leaves, parsley, garlic, sea salt, lime juice powder, oregano, onion and chile
- Have enough time to gaze upon 75 pictures of the year 2013?
- Have very little time on your hands and looking for 5 Simple Steps to a Better 2014?
- Chimichurri (arugulafiles.typepad.com)
- Recipe: Chimichurri Sauce – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- My Favorite Chimichurri Sauce (abeautifulmess.com)
- Chimichurri Grilled Veggie Kabobs (littlehippiechef.wordpress.com)