baked egg casserole, baked egg recipe, baked egg with cheese and hash browns, baked egg with potato and spinach, brunch dish, cheese baked egg, easy dinner, egg brunch dish, egg casserole, oven baked hash brown potatoes, party food
August is all about quick summer salads, followed by healthy homemade popsicle treats. To keep the dog days from being too fluffy, you can mull over these inspirational quotes on greatness and try out this heavenly Cheese Baked Egg on Hash Browns.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, grated
- 2 T unsalted butter (or olive oil)
- 1 t sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
Place a clean dish towel in a bowl, add the grated potato, then wrap and squeeze the potato to remove all the liquid.
In a large bowl, combine potato, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and melted butter. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat and add half the potatoes, flattening them with a spatula. Cook 8 minutes, flipping at half time. They should get golden and crispy. Repeat with the second batch.
Coat a 9″x13″ baking dish with a little butter, then cover the bottom with the hash browns.
Cheese Baked Egg on Hash Browns
- 9 x 13-inch dish with a layer of hash brown potatoes
- 8 oz fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz fontina cheese, grated (can also use gruyere, gouda or brick)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 T 10% cream (optional)
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 c breadcrumbs
- parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400F.
Spread the spinach over the potatoes. Add 1/2 the cheese. Break the eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl, then scatter them over the cheese. Sprinkle on a little salt and pepper, the cream, then the remaining cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes, then check the eggs to see if they are as set as you’d like.
- Thanks to Marlee Silverstein- food guru extraordinaire for introducing me to the original version of Baked Eggs from How Sweet It Is. This recipe will truly delight the ones you love!
- Could you use some time all alone at sea…with Robert Redford? Then it’s a date—October 18th.
- It’s not too late! Here are the Must-Read Books Of The Summer. Don’t miss these 7 favourites!
- Baked Eggs Picadillo Style (unihomemaker.com)
- Baked Eggs in Tomato (mintyandgreen.com)
- 5NEWS Grill: Baked Brunch Strata (5newsonline.com)
- Baked eggs and tomatoes (funfoodiefamily.com)
- Baked Eggs and Potatoes (instylefashionone.com)
- Spinach Egg Bake (kittykitchen92.wordpress.com)