Lobster is one of my favourite foods. All by it’s lonesome, it’s irresistible. So the most important thing you can do when preparing lobster is to avoid making it less than the perfect it is when nothing is done to it. This salad does the trick. It is simple, fresh and low cal. It will impress the heck out of your eating partners.
- 1 cooked lobster, shelled and cut bite-sized (.75 kg or 1.7lb)
- 5 asparagus, tough ends trimmed and very thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/2 large red pepper, very thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, just the white and pale green parts, thinly cut on an angle
- whole lettuce leaves (to hold the salad)
- parsley sprigs, as garnish
Lobster Salad Dressing
- 1/4 c 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 t wasabi powder or wasabi paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix dressing ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, then add asparagus, pepper and scallions. Marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature. Divide the marinated vegetables into 4 lettuce leaves. Place the lobster on the tip of each lettuce leaf so that the marinated vegetables show and, garnish the platter with extra lettuce, parsley sprigs and a few lobster legs. Serves 4.
- You simply must get to the MMFA to see the breathtakingly beautiful Chihuly exhibit. Catch a tour to get all the stories behind the art work. On July 19 you can see the exhibit at a Maimonides fundraiser.
- I just learned that asparagus can be eaten raw if thinly sliced.
- Watch the video below to see how to shell a lobster – the Canadian way.
- Delicious Lobster Lettuce Wrap / NE Lobster Roll (culinaryease.com)
- The Complete Serious Eats Guide to Cooking Lobster (seriouseats.com)
- All 20 Lobster Rolls from Tasting Table’s Lobster Roll Rumble (newyork.seriouseats.com)
- Lobster Recipe With Marinated Fennel & Chunky Guacamole (greatbritishchefs.com)