chicken sandwich, Chicken wrap with Tzatziki, grilled chicken sandwich, healthy appetizer, jittery cook mini puff, Mexican dip, mini puffs, mini strata appetizer, salad bites, tangy cucumber gazpacho appetizer, vegetarian appetizer
You may have missed the Jittery Cook – Pampered Chef get together, but you can’t escape the recipes, and if you have anything you’d like to order from the PC catalogue, let me know (email@example.com). Their kitchen gadgets and cookware work like a dream. Mother’s Day or Father’s Day gifts?
These Mini Puffs were a big hit. We used the Premiére Moisson Bûche Bio bread.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 2 oz goat cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 2 T pesto
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray cups of mini-muffin pan with oil. Cut bread into 1/2-inch cubes. Whisk goat cheese, eggs and mustard in a bowl until smooth; stir in bread, tomatoes and Cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each cup of the pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffs are light golden brown. Remove puffs from pan. Spoon about 1/2 a teaspoon of pesto evenly over puffs. Makes 24 puffs.
This PC Mexican Layered Dip is beautiful and delicious. If you like more heat, serve a bowl of salsa on the side.
Mexican Layered Dip
- 1 12-inch flour tortilla
- 1 16 oz can refried beans
- 3 T Pampered Chef Tex-Mex Rub, divided
- 1 large jalapeño pepper, halved, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 c corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 c sour cream
- tortilla chips
Pierce tortilla all over. Turn a round 10″ casserole dish upside-down. Place tortilla over bottom. Microwave on high 3-4 minutes until crispy. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Gently remove tortilla bowl; transfer to a large platter. Leave casserole in microwave until cool enough to handle. Mix refried beans and 1 1/2 tbsp of the rub in a bowl.
For corn salsa, combine jalapeño, tomato, corn and remaining rub in a bowl. Add the rest of the rub, and mix well. Gently stir in avocado.
To assemble dip, spread bean mixture over bottom of tortilla bowl. Spread sour cream over bean mixture. Top with cheese and then corn salsa. Serve dip with tortilla chips. Serves 16.
Tangy Gazpacho Cucumber Cups are finger-food salad bites. You can eat, and eat, and eat these–That’s how good they are.
Tangy Gazpacho Cucumber Cups
- 1 1/2 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 firm plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise, cored and seeded
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 c fresh basil leaves, plus a few extra as garnish
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1-2 t olive oil
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 t sea salt
- Additional thinly sliced fresh basil leaves (optional)
Lightly scoop out cucumber flesh to create shallow wells leaving bottoms of cups intact. Set aside. Process pepper, onion and basil. Add tomatoes and garlic; finely process. Stir oil, vinegar and salt into pepper mixture in processor bowl. Scoop filling into cucumber cups. Garnish with basil. Serves 16.
The grand finale is more substantial. These Chicken Wraps are simple and simply delicious. Don’t believe me? Just try them!
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts, flattened, lightly sprayed with olive oil, sprinkled with Greek Rub, grilled and sliced
- 2 c Tzatziki (Greek yogurt, Greek Rub, sea salt olive oil, grated cucumber)
- 1/4 c Greek feta cheese, shaved
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
Spread a 1/2 cup of Tzatziki on the center of each tortilla. Layer on the chicken, vegetables and feta. Fold in the sides, then roll up the wrap. Grill the wrap for a minute or two, then slice into thirds. Serves 4-6.
- I met my #1 fan! We laughed, we joked, and it was a terrific experience. Thank you Caroline Gautier, for liking Jittery Cook.
- As if all this wasn’t enough, check out Sonia Ribaux‘s photos on Clicking 50. Perfect end to a perfect day!
- Pampered Chef Christina Abboud is the PC. Invite this woman into your life–Your stomach and your heart will thank you.