I’ve thought about living in an RV. It seems like such a good way of wintering wherever your whims take you. West coast, east coast, dessert, beach–Why choose just one, when you can simply wake up and move on to greener pastures? RVs remind me of turtles. As night falls you just tuck into your home and fall asleep.
The creative former RV inhabiter Hannah aka Gypsy Roller, inspired this Crunchy Veggie-Noodle Salad. Her Pink Vermicelli Rice Noodle Salad grabbed my attention and brought out the creative almost-RV inhabiter in jittery me.
Crunchy Veggie-Noodle Salad
- 1 T each sesame oil, mirin, low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 T seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 t coconut palm nectar (or your favourite sweetener)
- 1 t garlic chili paste
Crunchy Noodle Salad
- 1 small bunch kale, spines removed, torn small bite-size and well massaged (Squeeze by the handful for a few minutes)
- 12 oz kelp noodles, rinsed in hot water, well drained then cut bite-size
- 1-2 carrots, finely grated or julienned (Pampered Chef julienne peeler works great)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 T mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 c sprouted almonds (or your favourite nuts), roughly chopped or left whole
- 1 T sesame seeds
In a medium-sized salad bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Add kale, and toss to coat. Allow kale to marinate while preparing the rest of the vegetables. Add the remainer of the salad ingredients, and toss. Garnish just before serving. Serves only 4, ’cause it’s hard to stop eating. Tastes great even after a day or two in the fridge.
- Have you ever tried kelp noodles? Now that I’ve put them in soup and salad, I’ve got to try them with a pasta sauce. I’m in full kelp noodle love mode. You can find them in Asian markets or health food stores.
- My super-taster son Andrew approved the Crunchy Veggie-Noodle Salad taste and texture. Blame the sprouted almond addition on my superfood-crazy brother. I’ve never tasted almonds quite like the ones pictured above. Perhaps they are just now entering the market. Anybody know where to find them? Anybody out there making your own? They are soaked, then dried to crispy crunchy concentrated almond-flavoured goodness.
- Are you eager to meet Oprah? Here’s your chance.
- How about a spring Pampered Chef – Jittery Cook get together? Date to be determined. Email me at email@example.com if you are interested in attending, if you already know what Pampered Chef products you’d like to order, or if you want more information.
- Roasted Orange Veggie Noodle Bowl (tastespace.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Sesame Noodles and Vegetables (bitofmomsense.com)
- a colorful asian slaw, inspired by mom (littledutchwife.com)
- Sesame Noodles (islandbakes.wordpress.com)
- dinner for two | spicy drumsticks and soba noodle salad (thespicystiletto.com)
- #SamLikesItHot: Cold soba noodles (rappler.com)
- Book Club: Vegetable Literacy // Soba Noodles with Kale, Sesame, and Slivered Brussels Sprouts (katieatthekitchendoor.com)
- Asian Noodle Salad (cookwhatyoulove.wordpress.com)
- Citrus Sesame Ginger Dressing (britsgoneraw.wordpress.com)
- Grapefruit, Avocado and Coriander Salad with Homemade Sesame Dressing (inthelivingwell.com)