I’ve finally given up hope of ever again buying a good fitting pair of blue jeans. After a certain age, all the working out in the world isn’t going to change the fact that a stretchy waistband just feels so comfy. So, now that I’m no longer in search of well-tailored apparel, I have lots more time to search the grocery aisles for the freshest, tastiest ingredients.
- 2-3 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and flesh scooped out
- 1 tomato or several small tomatoes, diced
- 1 c yogurt, 2%
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T finely chopped cilantro
- 1 t Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 t cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mash avocado with onion, garlic and cilantro.
Mix in lemon juice, cumin, Sriracha, salt and pepper. Mix in yogurt and refrigerate for an hour. Garnish with tomato, and serve with taco chips. Serves 10-15.
- I tested this recipe on about 30 friends, and they all seemed to want the recipe. The yogurt is the secret ingredient that makes it irresistible.
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day. Watch out for too much revelry in the bar. Beer is included in the health scare bad rap. You can always toast with a green smoothie, right?
- Send in your favourite recipes to email@example.com for a chance to win the Tasty Turkey Prize Pack. Drawing on March 22, 2013.
- One zippered, insulated grocery bag (big enough to carry home a LOT of turkey!)
- One silicone oven mitt
- Boxed set of carving tools
- Recipe booklet
- Meatballer with recipe