What do you rely on to lift your spirits? Do you turn directly to spirits like many of us? But you can’t exactly start your day off that way, now can you?
A really good start to the day goes a long way towards an all around feel-good state. No need to reach for pots and pans in this easy-to-compile breakfast. You can still savour the spirits a little later in your day.
- 1/2 c steel cut oats, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 1 T each; ground flaxseeds, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds
- 3 T pomegranate seeds
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- 2 T yogourt, just enough to moisten (fruit flavoured is fine)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir, then add a little yogurt at a time. Serves 2.
- Check out this article by Bonnie R Giller about how little seeds pack a nutritional punch.
- Tinker Bell asked for applause to show that we believe in fairies and thus keep her alive. Jittery Cook asks for recipes you love to show that you believe in sharing and to win the Valentine’s Day draw.
- Do you know the top 5 healthiest condiments (and the worst)?
- Do you agree that these 4 foods accelerate aging?
- Just as we’re all falling head-over-heels for quinoa, it’s suddenly not PC!
- Breakfast Muesli (dietitianwithamission.com)
- D.I.Y. Muesli (whatsforeats.com.au)
- French Toast w/Fresh Fruit & Muesli (teawithtania.com)
- Homemade Yogurt that’s Crazy Talk (foodmental.wordpress.com)
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Foods (rejectfat.com)
- Nadia’s Muesli (inanirishhome.com)