Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season. Here is a recipe that will help to fuel you without giving you that “Oh no, what did I just eat?” feeling.
- 5 c red quinoa, cooked with a little sea salt and cooled to room temperature
- 2 pomegranates, seeded
- 2 yellow peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium-small sweet onion (red or white), finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat-leafed parsley, just the leaves, torn if very large
- 1-2 c baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 c lightly toasted sliced almonds
- 1 c raisins
Christmas Quinoa Dressing
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine all salad ingredients except the almonds. Add the dressing to the salad, mixing well and tasting to adjust seasoning. Sprinkle nuts on top just before serving. Serves 20.
- Read about the happiest people on the planet.
- Christmas Quinoa With Cranberry Reduction Sauce (thehealthyflavor.com)
- Quinoa Salad with Pomegranates, Spinach and Sunflower Seeds (chronicinthekitchen.com)