It isn’t only what you put into things that matters. It’s also what you leave out. Sample this Eggplant Lasagna to see how wonderful this simple, noodle-less recipe comes together.
Eggplant Lasagna – Hold the Noodles
- 3 small or medium eggplants, sliced 1/2” thick, tips discarded
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz spinach (4 cups fresh or a large bunch), cooked, very well drained and chopped
- 2-3 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 c cottage or ricotta cheese
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t Italian seasoning
- 1 c grated Friulano or mozzarella
- 2 c tomato sauce
Cover your baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly sprinkle the eggplant slices with a little salt and pepper, then roast them, in a 400F oven, for 15 – 20 minutes until golden.
Spread a small amount of tomato sauce on the bottom of a lasagna pan to prevent sticking. Layer half the slightly cooled eggplant slices on the tomato sauce.
Spread the cheese filling on the layer of eggplant slices.
- This recipe is based on the Eggplant Stacks from Norene Gilletz’s Healthy Kitchen Cookbook.
- If you are in Miami at the Nada Art Fair this week, visit booth 201 and say hi to Adj from me.
- Want to find out how to do what you love?
- Am looking for good recipes to feed the family over the holidays. You have two weeks before the Jittery Cook Blackcurrant Vodka draw. Send in your favourite recipes asap to email@example.com.
- eggplant and sun-dried tomato lasagna (thespicystiletto.com)
- “Breakups” and Wild Mushroom Lasagna (domesticdivamd.com)
- Involtini (collegiateculinaire.wordpress.com)
- Pasta Al Forno with Eggplant (meatballsandmilkshakes.com)