Apricot Raisin Loaf
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 3/4 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 c orange juice
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 c coarsely chopped apricots
- 1 c raisins
- 1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 T finely grated orange rind
- 3 T apricot jam
- 1 T water
Grease a 9x5x3” loaf pan and preheat oven to 350F.
In a large batter bowl, beat butter, sugar and 1 egg until smooth. Beat in second egg, then blend in orange juice.
In a second bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in apricots, raisins, nuts and orange rind. Add all the apricot flour mixture into the batter bowl and stir just to moisten. Transfer batter to loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. After 10 minutes, remove the loaf from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Heat jam and water, then strain before you spoon the glaze over the hot loaf.
Wrap and store for a day or two for best flavour and easy slicing.
- Thanks to my lovely bookclub hostess with the best accent, Joan Wolfort, for this Companies Coming – Muffins and More Apricot Raisin Loaf.