Efficient. Spontaneous. Productive. Those are the adjectives that I picked out of a bowl at the back of my Shri Yoga studio this morning. The adjective cards predict what kind of day to expect. So far, I’d say the bowl speaks the truth.
One way to be productive, is to make a simple, versatile dressing. I used a Vita-Mix to whip this one up into a creamy froth, but a regular processor could do the trick.
Lemon Garlic Dressing
- 1 lemon, peeled, halved, seeded (or 1 1/2 lemons juiced, if you don’t have a Vita-Mix)
- 1/2 t hot sauce (such as Sriracha)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 c olive oil
Blend all ingredients, except for the olive oil, for a minute on high (10), then lower the speed to 7 and add the oil. Blend for another 20 seconds.
This dressing tasted great on:
- warm steamed asparagus and broccoli
- spinach, asparagus, broccoli, tomato, Moroccan olive and feta salad
- whole wheat toast, avocado, roasted red pepper, sausage appetizer
- whole wheat toast cubes, avocado, roasted red pepper, salmon salad
You can also use Lemon Garlic Dressing to flavour cooked grains, such as couscous or quinoa.
- This recipe was adapted from the Vita-Mix Whole Food Recipes cookbook.
- Thanks to my culturally very aware friend Lana for leading me to this documentary trailer Kumaré.
- Lemon Tilapia & Sun-Dried Tomato Sandwich (applebutterharmony.wordpress.com)
- Rosemary Garlic Lemon Chicken (ordinarylifeisextraordinary.wordpress.com)
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad With Lemon-herb Dressing (sarasmarketbakery.wordpress.com)
- My DIY “Lemon/Garlic and Ginger-Infused Honey” PT1 (yendysblog.wordpress.com)