Potluck entertaining is the best. Bring along this Bulgur Salad from Cooking with Love, sit back and wait for the accolades. This recipe should be made 1 to 2 days in advance so that the bulgur can absorb the dressing.
Bulgur Salad with Parsley Cucumber and Mint
- 1 c medium bulgur
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c water
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t kosher salt
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 c Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 c fresh mint, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and diced
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 c pine nuts, toasted
Place bulgur in a large bowl. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, water, olive oil, garlic and salt. Drizzle lemon juice mixture over bulgur. Layer scallions, herbs and cucumbers over the bulgur mixture. The top layer should be cucumbers. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours. Before serving, bring salad to room temperature. Add pine nuts, and toss the salad. Adjust for seasoning. Serves 8-10.
- Thanks to Cheryl Levy for steering me towards this excellent prepare-ahead salad. She co-wrote the book, so she should know what’s what.
- New subscribers to recipe2recipe are eligible to win a set of Jittery Cook grocery bags.
- Tabbouleh (Bulgar Wheat Salad with Parsley and Mint) (spontaneoustomato.com)
- Bulgar Summer Salad (thiscountrygirlcooks.com)
- Shepherd’s Salad (spontaneoustomato.com)
- Healthy Quinoa Salad (biosil.wordpress.com)
- Chickpea, Feta and Parsley Salad (simpleprovisions.com.au)
- 10 Simple Ideas for Salads (yummyfoodmadeeasy.wordpress.com)
- You Say Tomato, I Say Tabouli … (themidlifesecondwife.com)
- Quinoa Tabouli with Sheep Feta (jitterycook.com)