Today is the day that you find out just what Kacey Rose Baines suggested that was so enticing, guaranteeing her entry into the Jittery Cook’s Blueberry Gin draw (which she won): Coconut Jam, from Coco Vie. In her opinion, Coconut Jam is irresistible to the point of being addictive. Kacey offered to procure a sample so that we could all learn about this relatively obscure product. The Coconut Jam finally arrived, along with the Coconut Flour, Coconut Vinegar, Coconut Sugar Crystals, Coconut Oil and Coconut Nectar.
Lo and behold, Coconut Jam is addictive. On day one, I sampled a tablespoon full, a mere 50 calories, and OH MY!. Day two, another tablespoon full. That’s when I decided to recommend that you buy a case.
Coconut Jam French Toast with Fresh Berries, anyone?
Coconut Jam French Toast with Fresh Berries Ingredients
- 6-8 thick challah slices (2 challah rolls used here)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 T milk
- pinch of sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 c mixed berries
- 2 t butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/4 c Coconut Jam
- a small handful of cherries (optional), as garnish
In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Soak the challah so that it absorbs all the egg mixture. In a medium-sized frying pan, heat half the butter over medium high heat. Cook the French toast in 2 batches, a few minutes per side until golden brown. Place a spoonful of Coconut Jam on each slice of French toast topped with berries.
- Thank you, Kacey, for introducing me to Coconut Jam. I promise not to overindulge.
- My apologies to our wonderful Canadian Maple syrup. I still love you, just a little less.
- Order Coconut Jam at Coco Vie.
- Check out Hybrid Rasta Mama for 160 uses of coconut Oil.
- Thanks to my dear friend, Nancy Segal, for pairing Coconut Jam with my hubbie’s favorite dessert, Social Tea Biscuits. Heavenly!!!!
- Win a set of Jittery Cook grocery bags! Email me (email@example.com) your favorite recipes to share, and you’ll have a chance to win a set of 2 Jittery Cook grocery bags–freshly minted! First lucky winner will be selected on June 28th. Thanks!
- Coconut Jam filled Chocolate Cupcakes (farmeggs.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Jam Muffins (lovelypantry.com)
- How to Make French Toast (answers.com)
- Gluten Free Vegan French Toast (abigailchristens.wordpress.com)
- *The Coconut Oil Cure All* (tinyoranges.com)
- French toast (susansicignano.wordpress.com)