Hazy lazy days of summer! We are struggling to stay focused here. The outdoors beckons, and food prep is far from even the back burner. Enjoy this refreshing salad, chock full of protein and ready in a jiffy. If you buy whole edamame, just boil them for 4-5 minutes until tender, then you can sit outside to shell them in the warm breeze. They are also sold already shelled.
Edamame Arugula Salad
- 1 lb shelled edamame
- 2 c daikon, julienned
- 4 c baby arugula
- 3 T seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper
Toss the edamame, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, daikon and arugula together in a large bowl. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serves 8.
- Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your favorite recipes to share, and you’ll have a chance to win a set of 2 Jittery Cook grocery bags–freshly minted! First lucky winner will be selected on June 28th. Thanks!
- Looking for a healthy pasta alternative? Here are 10.
- Have you heard about molecular cuisine?
- Care to watch a 2 minute video on cooking sweetcorn effortlessly?
- Craving a salad for dinner? Try this one with edamame and more deliciousness! (joyofspa.com)
- Quinoa Salad with Radishes, Peas, Arugula, and Cilantro-Sweet Corn Dressing (emmycooks.com)
- Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Edamame and Radish (thebittenword.com)
- Arugula and Quinoia Salad (beautyfullsoul.com)
- Ingredient Spotlight: Arugula (thekitchn.com)
- Pasta Salad with Fried Zucchini and Edamame (dishesanddishes.wordpress.com)
- Ginger-Lime-Wasabi Edamame Hummus (tastespace.wordpress.com)
- Seared Steelhead Trout w/ Couscous + Arugula Salad (lezoemusings.wordpress.com)