It seems odd that someone so concerned with health and calorie control would still manage to promote delicious desserts. Contradictory? We all have our weaknesses. I managed to assuage my guilt with a small but very memorable serving. This is a crowd pleaser–perfect for a Mother’s Day gathering. If you are looking for ways to add colour and health properties, serve sliced fruit or a bowl of berries on the side. Another great reason to make this luscious dessert, if you still need convincing, is the upcoming cheesecake holiday, Shavuot.
Yvonne’s Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c sugar (or a little less)
- ¼ t salt
- a squeeze of lemon
- 8 oz sour cream
- 2 T sugar
Beat cheese, at room temperature, until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add sugar, salt and lemon. Bake for about 40 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool for 20 minutes.
Mix the sour cream and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Spread over cake. Return to oven. Bake for a further 15 minutes. Can be made the day before. Refrigerate, and remove from fridge a half hour before serving. Freezes well.
- Thanks to Yvonne Koenig, who brought this recipe with her from Cape Town, South Africa.
- As you can see from the photo above, it is often a good idea to ask for directions. That is me asking for and receiving directions. Now I’m asking you for direction in the form of a contribution to this recipe 2 recipe blog. Submit favorites that elicit demands for your recipe. Go to “Contact” above to leave your suggestion, please and thank-you!
- Have you been curious to know all about supermarket specialty eggs ?
- In honor of Mother’s Day, check out Alexander Tsiaras: Conception to birth.
- Treat your mother, or yourself, on Friday, May 11th, with a visit to The Boutique Palais de la Reine. Just west of the MMFA on Sherbrooke Street, there will be a show and sale of tableware and handmade embroidery from Madagascar. Wonderful, original gift items for Mother’s Day.
- Cheesecake! (kosherblogger.wordpress.com)
- Shavuot Centerpiece: The Savory Cheesecake (handsonjewishholidays.com)
- Short and Tweet: East End Cheesecake (underthebluegumtree.com)
- Weekend: a party + a cheesecake recipe. (dailynibbles.com)
- Graham Crackers aka Cheesecake Crust (craftykatie3.wordpress.com)
- A Mother-Daughter Blog’s Blue Ribbon Cheesecake (blogher.com)
- Ricotta Cake (omnomalicious.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Kosher Cheesecake Recipes for Shavuot (about.com)
- National cherry cheesecake day (eatocracy.cnn.com)
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust (maninisglutenfreeblog.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies (bakerunlive.com)
- Best Chiquita Banana Orange Cheesecake With Chocolate Ganache Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)