When is the last time that something good happened to you totally out of the blue? Serendipity. I found this dressing recipe on the flip-side of the Roasted Salsa one. Barbara Eiswerth mentioned that it was a fabulous dressing. It seemed like a good idea to share. Let’s hope Barbara agrees.
Garlic Ginger Cilantro Salad Dressing Ingredients (4 portions)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 t finely chopped ginger
- 2 t finely chopped garlic
- 1/3 c cilantro, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Process the garlic and ginger in a magic bullet, or mince by hand. Add the cilantro, oil and vinegar, blending well.
All the salad ingredients below are optional. This mix tasted great, but feel free to improvise based on your tastes, what’s in season and what’s in your fridge. Let me know if you come up with interesting combos to show off this sharp, new and exciting dressing.
Scrumptious Salad Ingredients
- 1 medium sized romaine lettuce, torn bite size
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 8 crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 c bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/3 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c diced jicama
- 1 c cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 1/4 c raw cashews
- 2 T dried cranberries
- Have you ever wondered how to eat a salad? This salad eating etiquette video will classify you as more European or American.
- Have you ever wondered how you could possibly incorporate a new habit into your routine? Try pairing and mindfulness, two excellent suggestions.
- This is Jittery Cook’s last Barbara recipe. Thanks so much, Barbara, for the international flair and great taste you’ve contributed.
- Words of wisdom: “It’s not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived”. —Helen Walton, a woman who could afford limitless gathering.