coleslaw, coleslaw for company, coleslaw recipe, coleslaw with arugula and watercress, coleslaw with daikon, easy recipe, fancy coleslaw, healthy recipe, healthy salad, recipe, recipes, special coleslaw
Did you hear about the small farming town with just 70 homes, Sodeto, in Spain, celebrating their collective lottery win? They were on the brink of financial collapse from the economic crisis and a drought, only to be rewarded for their ongoing contribution to ‘El Gordo’ – the fat one. They purchased tickets to support their homemakers’ association that made a small percentage of profit on the sales. Everyone in town held winning tickets with the smallest prize being $130,000. Some won millions from purchasing multiple tickets. It is heart warming that the whole town could celebrate collectively.
Now that we’re on the topic of farming towns, and success, how about a recipe for coleslaw type salad, suitable for celebrating a lottery win? Cabbage is the backbone, but there are fancier ingredients that elevate this slaw into gourmet quasi salad status.
- 1/4 large green cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1/3 c daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 c parsley, chopped
- 2 c baby arugula (and or field greens)
- 1 small bunch watercress, large stems removed
- 1/3 c raisins
- Visit Eat and Beat Cancer blog to find out why this is oh so good for you.
- Thanks to my brother Eric for getting me going on Coleslaw with Character. You are welcome to keep inspiring me from afar.
- This is what I get when I ask my brother if he approves of my recipe: “Include golden berries or Cape Goose Berries instead of raisins. They are tart. Add a teaspoon each of organic chlorella and spirulina powder; That is the rocket fuel. Consider including olives. You can sprinkle the coleslaw with hemp seeds.” Now you see what I’m dealing with?