There are a few things you don’t know about Jittery Cook. Just a few:
- I’m addicted to “The Office“, “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Desperate Housewives“; Embarrassing, but true.
- I’m also a huge fan of “Real Time with Bill Maher“, “60 Minutes” and “Fifth Estate“; Have I redeemed myself?
- There are times when making a great meal with less effort leaves me free for other activities, like hanging out and watching a TV show.
La Poissonnerie du Marché Atwater is a busy place. But not so busy that you wont get personal attention and guidance. I was asking for a recommendation and I was introduced to the selection that the staff would be taking home that night; First Nations Arctic Char line caught. Good choice.
Enjoy this 1 minute information gathering video.
Arctic Char Ingredients
Along with fish selection advice, I was given cooking instructions in the form of: Bake at 375 degrees for 12-16 minutes with a tiny bit of oil and some Maple Hickory Salmon Spice. If time is not of the essence, sprinkle the fish with spice 1-2 hours before cooking.
Following instructions yielded perfect results. I opted for 12 minutes. If it’s this easy can I still post it on the Jittery Cook blog? Let’s just say that I needed a break and I think you may too. I served the wonderful Arctic Char with quinoa and broccoli.
- Thanks to my California/Hawaii brother for loving this recipe.
- Thank you so much to Marcia Hum for taking photos for my gravatar.
- The best thing that happened to me the other day was visiting the ENT for some much needed medicine to treat a nasty, little, persistent bug, introducing the ENT, his staff and the pharmacy staff to the Jittery Cook blog, getting huge thank-yous all around and being lauded for being a sharer. In other words, blogging makes me feel good.