arugula, black current jam, chia seeds, chipotle hummus, chopped egg, Earth Circle Organics, goat cheese, ground flax seeds. organic cranberry juice, hemp seeds, Julia Richardson, Miso sauce, Pacific cod, Shri Yoga Montreal, smoothie, tuna, whole grain tortillas, wrap pinwheel appetizers
Pre Shri Yoga breakfast should be light enough to withstand downward dogs, forward bends and spinal twists, while giving one enough fuel to endure. A little fruit, chia, hemp and ground flax seeds blended into a smoothie with ice, milk and unsweetened, organic, pure cranberry juice. So, when time takes its toll and my memory slips further I’ll be happy to slurp on this any old-time.
- Chopped Egg: hard-boiled eggs – just cooked with bright yellow yolks, finely chopped green onions, a dollop of Dijon, some olive oil mayonnaise, salt & pepper, wrapped in Smart whole grain tortillas with a handful of organic arugula.
- Goat Cheese: Julia’s splendid, tart, black currant jam (last time I used a gourmet chunky fig spread), and arugula.
- Tuna Spread: chopped dill, green onions, a dollop of Dijon, olive oil mayonnaise, salt, pepper and finely chopped sweet red pepper.
- Chipotle Hummus (Fontaine Santé): shaved carrot strips, sweet red pepper strips, chopped romaine, green onions and finely chopped mint.
- Thanks to Shri Yoga (click to check their website) for inspiring me to eat light. They’ll have an open house September 23-25 – with several FREE CLASSES.
- Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write me. Blogging is just another way of sharing interests. Nice to know what I have in common with whom.
- Thanks to my brother Eric, Earth Circle Organics for encouraging healthy eating, to my sister Julia Richardson, for being my guiding light in all things food. I call her “Julie & Julia” for obvious reasons.
- A big thanks to my mom who always fed me right and entertained her heart out.
- A big thanks to my dad who supplied us with endless beautiful produce and heaps of love.